The Exotic Shorthair is a breed of cat developed as a short-haired version of the sweet, docile personality of the Persian. The Exotic is similar to the Persian in many ways, including temperament and conformation, a flat nose and face but without all the hassle of keeping the Persians long hair tangle free.
The Exotic Shorthair meets every standard for the Persian breed, except for their coat.
- Head: Oval, massive. Very broad skull. Rounded forehead. Round, full cheeks. Short, broad, round muzzle. Short, broad nose with pronounced stop، Strong chin. Broad, powerful jaws.
- Ears: Small, rounded at the tip, not too open at the base. Widely spaced and well-furnished with hair on the inside.
- Eyes: Large and round. Pure, deep color corresponding to that of the coat (gold to copper in most varieties; green in the chinchilla and the golden; blue in the white and the colorpoint).
- Neck: Short and thick.
- Body: Medium-sized, cobby, low to the ground. Broad chest. Massive shoulders. Large-boned with powerful muscles. Weight: 3.5 – 6 kilograms.
- Paw: Short, straight and large. Round, large paws. Tufts of hair between the toes.
- Tail: Short, thick, carried low. Rounded tip.
- Coat: Shorthaired but slightly longer than other shorthaired breeds. Dense, fluffy, erect hair. All Persian colors are recognized.
References: Wikipedia, CFA